Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Modern Vintage Style: Book Review


Yet another "coffee table book" that i couldn't stop looking at.  Emily Chambers, an interior stylist and owner of London's hip home boutique, Caravan has compiled a lively and colorful array of pictures and ideas for design and hone decor using vintage and thrifted pieces.  Being one of those girls who has pieced my own house together using hand me downs, thrift store and yard sale finds, and a little bit of this and a little bit of that, i loved every page of this book.  I'm super inspired after an afternoon of looking at it a few times over, to hit a few thrift stores after work today and treasure hunt for a few new pieces to ad to my own eclectic decor!
I decided to look her up and found the most wonderful website! http://www.emilychalmers.com/book_modern_vintage.html
You can purchase this book as well as her other style and decor books, there is a page with images of her style work and then there is a link to her shop, Caravan.  LOVE! This Hippy/Gypsy/Boho/vintage chic loving girl is her new biggest fan! I have been thinking about a trip to London this year...i'm going to make Caravan my 1st stop!





No comments:

Post a Comment