Monday, August 4, 2014

The Painted Girls (Book Review)

The Painted Girls
by Cathy Marie Buchanan



"A historical fiction based on a sculpture by Degas, this story was captivating in its ability to encapsulate the world of three lowly, underprivileged sisters in1880's Paris. As soon as I was introduced to Antoinette and Maire, a beautiful picture was already painted in my mind of the girls in their laced up ballerina slippers and tattered practice skirts. The coming of age, the sisterly love, the loss of innocence and the idea of a better life, kept me up nights wanting to know more and read on. Buchanan pulls together reality and imagination and weaves a tale of a tie past in a way that made me feel like I was walking the streets of Montmartre with every page."

No comments:

Post a Comment