Friday, December 19, 2014

A Guide to Natural Housekeeping (Book Review)

I have to admit, I am somewhat addicted to this book right now.  I have gone through phases in my adult life where I have been really into making salves and tinctures and other herbal goodies.  I used to make all of my older children's baby products as well as give them as gifts.  I take so much pleasure in being a kitchen herbalist, it makes me happy.  So when I found this book, I was salivating.  There are recipes and ideas for everything from lemons dust cloths to composting and gardening to herbal beauty products.

Being someone who is very "earthy" and tries to be as "green" as possible, I always appreciate new and innovative ideas for ways to eliminate my own carbon foot print. 
Re-using jars and bottles for storage, and recycling items around the house to use in new ways is a passion of mine, so, to me, a book like this can quickly and easily become my household bible.
The author, Christina Strutt is the owner of an English fabric company called Cabbages and Roses, and her other books include Home-made Vintage and Vintage Crafts
I can't wait to make more lovely, earth friendly products from this book!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment