Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Be Fearless

 
BE FEARLESS
 
That is what came into my mind yesterday.  It almost completely came over me.  I was at work, wrapping a gift, and I simultaneously heard these words spoken to me as I saw them in my mind. 
Knowing that I seem to have to be continuously keeping my defenses up when it comes to dealing with my children's father.  I am so very tired of fighting.  Hell, I was tired of fighting 16 years ago, but, I chose this man to marry and have children with and through good and bad, stuck it out... over and over it seemed, I continued to "stick it out".  It doesn't sound like any way to conduct oneself and be happy, does it?  Well, it's not.
I recall having conversations with friends way back when my oldest son, who is now 16 was just a baby.  Before he was a year old, I was looking for a way out of an unhappy situation.  My friends during that time of my life also recall those days. 
I'm  a stubborn girl, and just wanted it to work.  I was 23 when we got married, which, by the way, we rushed into. 
Those days are a bit of a blur.  We were young, it was the 90s and we were stoned.... ALL THE TIME!
I loved him, I think.  I had had a few relationships previously, and I remember be really in love with at least one guy.  I don't recall ever feeling that sort of fire and passion for my ex, but, there was comfort.  A friendship.  A longing to just have someone in my life.
He must have presented what I needed at that time.  We used to go for long hikes in the woods and stay up all night smoking pot and discussing the universe and philosophy.
But we fought, oh...how we fought.  Even back then.
Something that occurred to me after I had my first baby, and was upset because my ex didn't feel the need to celebrate my first Mother's Day, was that he didn't cherish me.  I was just this woman he married, had a son with and lived with.  He didn't have the first clue as to what it meant to really love a woman, to honor her, to lift her up, he didn't understand my essence, nor did choose to try.
I could go on and on....but right now, I'm dealing with the present.  With his inability to want to work with me when it comes to our children. 
Next week is Christmas and he has all 3 kids in Albuquerque.  Ronin went out 2 weeks ago when her grandpa had a stroke.  So, I made plans to be out there for the week of Christmas.  I text him, and he informs me that it's actually HIS week.  That I can have the kids on Christmas day, but, that they have things going on all week and plans with friends on Christmas Eve.  WHAT???  i'm driving out and I can't have them until Christmas Day?  I would normally be completely livid, but...I have had to deal with this sort of garbage so many times, I just took a deep breath and decided to make it work.  To be grateful for Christmas day, and allow that gratitude to flow.  I should have them all next week, but unfortunately, I work every day and will be packing up my house to move, so, I am letting them stay in NM, instead of bringing them into a disaster house.  Maybe that's the wrong decision, but, i'll get them for Spring Break, and plan to do something really fun~
These little scenarios are tiresome.  I have had to deal with so many, it's hard to count.  My ex husband, the father of my 3 children has such little respect or even care for me or my feelings.  Whether he wants to believe it or not, his actions have an affect on the kids.  They may not say anything now, but, time will allow them to be bold and express their distaste for the things he does.
BE FEARLESS
My new mantra
BE BOLD
Another good one
BE PATIENT
The story of my life
THIS TOO SHALL PASS
Yes....
It shall~
BE GRATEFUL
~ALWAYS~
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment